2014-2015 enrollment forms are now available! Visit our application page to download your forms. But don't delay...classes are filling up fast!
Welcome to First Lutheran School!
What do you value most about your child’s education?
1. Christian education since 1870. Caring pastors, teachers, and staff display the love of Christ in what they say and do.
2. Location, location, location. First Lutheran School is conveniently located on Broadway between the historic Old North Knox and Fourth and Gill neighborhoods, just two miles from downtown and three miles from UT, and right off the I-40 Broadway exit.
3. Quality education. Our students consistently score high on tests like the Gateway, a proficiency exam normally given to high school students to show that they’re ready for college. (Most FLS eighth-graders pass at the advanced level.) We’re certified by the state of Tennessee and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the National Lutheran Schools Association. And did we mention our preschool program, which has an interdisciplinary academic focus with numerous enrichment programs? Students fall in love with learning at an early age and are incredibly prepared for Kindergarten.
4. Safe environment. We have a quality system in place to ensure your child is safe at all times.
5. Outstanding teachers. Our standards are high, and our teachers deeply care for our kids—and when your child enrolls, you’ll find out that your child cares deeply for the teachers, too.
6. Holistic approach. Our curriculum focuses on your child’s spirit, mind, and body, including...
7. Art and music. Kids excel in the arts because teachers encourage their creativity and imaginations. Art and music are regular classes in all grades, plus students in 5-8 can take after-school music lessons.
8. Technology. We teach technology by integrating real-world projects right into the classroom, preparing students for a Christ-like response to digital life outside of school.
9. Athletics. In our active athletic program, we introduce children to enjoyable physical activity, competition, and team skills.
10. Before and after school care. Busy parents can take advantage of care from 6:30-8 a.m. and 3:30-6 p.m.
Call (865) 524-0308 today to speak with Principal Ruth Blackwell and learn more about First Lutheran School for your family, or stop in the office during the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1207 N. Broadway in Knoxville.
As you review this site you will probably have some questions. Please write them down so we can answer them when you visit. We want to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
If our open house does not fit into your schedule, please call our school office so we can arrange another time to meet with you.
I look forward to serving your family.
Ruth Blackwell, Principal
"We originally selected FLS because it was close to our work and we wanted something more than what the public schools offered. Little did we know what an awesome blessing FLS would be to our family! Our children have learned about God’s love, they have learned to be caring of others and to be beautiful on the inside as well as the outside."
Susan and Andrew Crawley, FLS parents
"Ben has grown in every possible way this school year. He feels loved and valued and looks forward to every day."
Bunny Tallent, FLS parent
"FLS is a place for mental and spiritual growth. One look at the interaction between students and staff tells a parent this is a place your children grow into young men and young women."
Stephen Magacs, FLS parent
Home | About | Admissions | Academics | School Life | Summer Day Camp | Contact | Site Map | LOGIN
First Lutheran School • 1207 Broadway, Knoxville, TN 37917 • (865) 524-0308